Before & Afters
Brow Lift: Before & After Videos
Brow Lift and Eyelid Surgery: Before & After
I do not have enough words to express my joy with Dr Ho and her artistry! A couple of months ago, at the recommendation of a dear friend, I met with Dr Ho to discuss options for my eyes in particular. For the past five years or so, I had developed permanent dark circles and bags under my eyes (despite more than adequate amounts of sleep) and my eyelids were starting to look very hooded. Dr Ho was incredibly thorough during our consultation, clearly and plainly explaining her suggestions.
Her demeanor is friendly and absolutely genuine. Furthermore, she is conservative with her approach so she will not try to “sell” you on something you don’t need….just keeping her eye on making you look your natural best! After my consultation, I decided to proceed with her recommendation of an eyebrow lift, upper/lower blepharoplasty (eyelids), facial fat transfer and laser resurfacing. My surgery went beautifully. Now is the best time to mention that Dr Ho’s bedside manner has the perfect balance of calm, nurture and confidence. Not once did I feel frightened or concerned in her capable hands. Additionally, she made herself available during the post-op period (still does) for any questions, concerns, etc., always responding in a timely manner!
Brow Lift and Blepharoplasty: Before and After
Before and After: Brow Lift
Female patient in her late 60’s who underwent brow lift surgery for brow and eyelid rejuvenation.
Browlift + Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty: Before and After
This beautiful 50 year-old actress came to me for surgical consultation, interested in eyelid rejuvenation. She was bothered by the heavy appearance of her upper eyelids and lower eyelid bags. We pursued a global surgical approach including brow lift, upper eyelid surgery, and lower eyelid surgery for the ultimate eyelid rejuvenation outcome. We are so thrilled with her beautiful, natural results. Brow position is an important consideration in patient evaluation for upper eyelid surgery. Brow lift surgery elevates heavy brows and opens up the eyes more compared to eyelid surgery alone. Combining multiple surgical procedures together instead of pursuing one surgery alone also creates a more dramatic yet still natural result with only one period of downtime.
Brow Lift Patient Testimonials
Brow Lift and Eyelid Surgery: Testimonial
I am truly grateful for this patient’s beautiful brow lift, upper eyelid surgery, lower eyelid surgery, and facial fat transfer surgical results and even more humbled by her kind testimonial.
What is Brow Lift?
What are the different surgical approaches to Brow Lift?
Post-Operative Instructions for Brow Lift
These post-operative care instructions are for patients who have undergone a brow lift procedure and are essential for achieving optimal results. Patients are encouraged to contact Dr. Ho or her staff with any questions before or after surgery.
Activity Instructions and Restrictions:
– Patients should start walking soon after surgery to prevent blood clots and aid recovery.
– Avoid excessive movement of the eyebrows for the first 2 weeks until the skin heals.
– No heavy lifting over 10 pounds, straining, strenuous activity, or prolonged bending for 2 weeks.
– Use over-the-counter stool softeners like Colace if constipated.
– Avoid household cleaning for 2 weeks and no head or neck turning exercises or swimming for 4 weeks.
– CPAP use should only resume after clearance from the surgeon.
– Keep the head elevated 30 degrees at all times for the first week to minimize swelling.
– Sleeping in a recliner or with two pillows behind the head is recommended.
– Apply cool compresses (ice packs or frozen vegetables) to the upper face, particularly areas with swelling and bruising, for 20 minutes every few hours for the first 48 hours to reduce swelling, bruising, and discomfort.
– Resume drinking and eating as tolerated after surgery.
– Start with gentle, bland foods to encourage appetite and avoid upsetting the stomach initially.
– A low-salt diet can help minimize post-operative swelling.
– Showering can be resumed the day after surgery, with gentle washing of the hair allowed 24 hours after surgery.
– Avoid scrubbing the incision areas or soaking them in water.
– Gently clean incision lines with a Q-tip dipped in tap water or saltwater three times daily.
– Apply Aquaphor or Vaseline to hairline incisions and Alastin Skin Nectar or ointment to skin incisions three times daily for the first month.
– Follow sun protection precautions, including SPF 35 sunscreen, for the first 6 to 12 months after surgery.
– Take prescribed antibiotics and narcotic pain medication as directed.
– Complete the entire antibiotic prescription.
– Take over-the-counter Tylenol for mild pain and avoid NSAIDs for the first two weeks to prevent bleeding.
– Call the surgeon’s office if experiencing nausea, vomiting, or worsening pain and swelling.
– Resume wearing eye glasses the day after surgery, ensuring they don’t dig into the eyebrows.
– Contact lenses can be resumed a day after surgery (one week after eyelid surgery).
– Avoid tweezing eyebrows for two weeks.
– Avoid driving during the first week after surgery, especially while taking narcotic pain medication.
Work and Social Activities:
– Return to work or social activities depends on physical activity and public contact levels.
– Most patients can return in 7 to 10 days.
– The first follow-up appointment is scheduled 7-14 days after surgery to remove sutures/staples and check surgical sites.
– Follow-up appointments at two weeks for re-evaluation are important.
What to Expect After Surgery:
– Swelling and bruising in the upper face are common and will resolve over two weeks.
– Pain can be managed with Tylenol or prescribed medication.
– Body temperature may slightly increase but should not exceed 100 degrees.
– Weakness and tightness are typical and will gradually improve.
– Numbness may occur but usually subsides with time.
– Scars will fade and soften over time, with proper care and sun protection.
– Hair thinning near incisions is temporary.
– Accidental injuries to the face are common but usually not concerning.
Contact Dr. Ho’s office if experiencing fever, increased pain, signs of infection, nausea, vomiting, drainage from wound sites, open areas along wound sites, difficulty breathing, or chest pain.
Brow Lift Surgical Recovery
Post-Surgery Recovery Process
Just a little over two months after surgery and I am already completely healed. Honestly, I was in great shape one month in but now you cannot even tell that I had anything done! All people notice is that “something” is different, I look “refreshed” and….the best one…..you look ten years younger! What is your secret??? My secret is Dr. Tina Ho and I don’t mind telling everyone because if you are looking to refresh your look, this is a name you definitely need to know!
– kimmie hackett
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
“I pursue a conservative approach to brow lift to avoid putting the patient at risk of an overcorrected and unnatural result.”
– Dr. Tina Ho
In January of 2022, I had a brow lift performed by Dr. Ho. To say that I am thrilled with the results would be an understatement! But, just as important, is the overall experience I had with Dr. Ho and her staff. To a person, everyone at Dr. Ho’s practice treated me with respect and compassion from my initial consultation through my follow-up checks after the surgery. Dr. Ho’s pleasant and caring personality are the perfect match for her expertise and passion for great results for her patients.
– Elissa Williams
You Will Not Be Disappointed
I was fortunate to be referred to Dr Ho, as I was inquiring about having work on my eyes. They were droopy and tired looking. Dr Ho is thorough and caring, she is also very accommodating, working with me all along to fit into my timing. She explained every step of the way and answered all of my questions. I was given precise instructions and if I was at all in doubt, I also had her phone number so that I could be in touch. I am thrilled with the results as the procedure has taken years off of my life.
Dr. Ho is an amazing provider, surgeon, injector and teacher! She is very thorough when explaining what is going to happen during your treatment. And takes her time to ensure your perfect results! She is the best! I highly recommend anyone to book with her!
– Kelly Moore
Dr. Ho is great and I am so happy to have a talented female plastic surgeon in Philly. She spent plenty of time with me, answering my questions and following up as much as I needed after my procedure. Highly recommend.
– Aziza Jadallah
What is Dr. Ho’s approach to Brow Lift?
As a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Ho is a distinguished expert of the face and is experienced in various surgical techniques for brow lift. Patients from all across Philadelphia and Wayne as well as from further out in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York seek out Dr. Ho for brow lift surgery. Dr. Ho dedicates extensive time and effort with every patient to determine which surgical approach best meets their goals and expectations. Dr. Ho pursues a conservative approach to brow lift: she avoids removing excessive skin or placing tissues into excessive suspension that may put a patient at risk of an overcorrected and unnatural result. Her surgical technique focuses on creating a natural, refreshed result that is catered to the individual patient’s anatomy. In addition, Dr. Ho often performs upper eyelid surgery in conjunction with brow lift to further enhance a patient’s rejuvenated eye appearance. Her goal is to create a more youthful and aesthetically balanced look for every brow lift patient.
What should patients expect after Brow Lift?
What are other surgical procedures that are routinely performed with Brow Lift?
What are the Ideal Eyebrows?
How Much does a Brow Lift Cost in Philadelphia?
The cost of a brow lift in Philadelphia with Dr. Ho ranges from $7,000 to $8,000, which includes both facility and anesthesia fees. When comparing prices to other surgeons in the area, be aware that some of their quotes may not include all necessary costs.
It’s important to keep in mind that pricing for brow lifts can vary greatly based on the surgeon’s expertise and location. While it’s possible to find lower prices for brow lift surgery, be cautious of offers that seem too good to be true. An experienced and skilled surgeon like Dr. Ho is crucial for producing effective and safe results in the delicate areas of the face.
It’s best to ask Dr. Ho or her surgical coordinator during the initial consultation to understand what the total cost includes. There are financing options available via CareCredit.